Amy Jo Martin, American author and founder/CEO of Digital Royalty, once said, “Social media is the ultimate equalizer. It gives a voice and a platform to anyone willing to engage.”
Like it or not social media has become our way of life. This is not only for your personal brand but it has also become extremely important for small businesses as well. Social media is a must and any organization not utilizing new age marketing tools will fail.
Matt Mansfield from Small Biz Trends provides some much needed statistics about social media marketing and how it is important to small businesses: ·
- 6 percent of small businesses report using social media to promote their businesses and among them, Facebook is far and away the top platform used:
- More than 1 in 3 Internet users say they go to social networks when looking for more information about a brand or product. The likelihood of doing this is linked very strongly to age
- 8 percent of social media marketers worldwide said Facebook produced the best ROI.
- Images are responsible for 75 to 90 percent of an ad’s performance on Facebook.
- Since so many Facebook users watch video without the sound on, captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12 percent. ·
- 53 percent of users say they bought a product they first saw on Twitter. ·
- Promoted tweets boost offline sales by 29 percent. ·
- 7 out of 10 professionals describe LinkedIn as a trustworthy source of professional content.
For more information and statistic please visit the link below