Having a social media presence is necessary in today’s internet age. While social media can help promote and gain clients for small businesses, it can also destroy your brand. Here are 9 tips on what to avoid when utilizing social media for your business according to CIO:
- Setting up a page and then not posting anything on it.
- Not having a posting strategy/schedule: Be consistent and try posting at least once a week
- Posting user-generated content (UGC) without the user’s permission.
- Not responding to comments (in a timely fashion).
- Only publishing sales and promotions.
- Treating your business page(s) as your personal page(s)
- . Buying followers (especially fake ones)
- Using too many and/or irrelevant hashtags
- Automatically direct messaging Twitter followers in DM