I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice, I’ve said it a thousand times; veterans are the backbone of our great nation. Their leadership and discipline gained through military training prepare these men and women to be successful in the business world. In focusing on the technology sector, Forbes released their list of the top five emerging veteran tech founders for 2017:
- Jeff Shuford Ph.D., President of Tech from Vets – Tech from Vets “helps business owners and entrepreneurs improve their digital presence utilizing technological education, cutting edge innovation and marketing acceleration.” The organization has partnered with an array of universities in the Florida area and One Stop Digital Marketing, to help business owners improve their search engine optimization. “Dr. Shuford served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and earned a Combat Action Badge for his heroic efforts in combat at age 18. Tech From Vets is currently developing Virtual Reality applications and they are planning on launching their innovative VR software at universities worldwide.”
- Donald Coolidge, CEO of Elemental Path – Coolidge founded Elemental Path in 2004 and is the creator of CogniToys. “CogniToys is a wifi enabled smart toy that helps kids develop learning skills through fun, educational, speech based play experience.” Coolidge’s goal is to help children across the country become better students.
- Zachary Iscol, Founder of Hirepurpose – Hirepurpose “provides technology enabled hiring solutions, innovative talent searches, and job marketing for employers to find and hire the best and brightest military talent.” Hirepurpose is truly one of a kind. Iscol created a job site that looks beyond a resume to better match military veterans with jobs and internships.
- Tommy Sowers, CEO of GoldenKey Networks – Sowers served in the US Army and has plans to improve the real estate market. “GoldenKey leverage’s technology to unbundle real estate transactions, allowing consumers to purchase the services they want, on demand.”
- Dyan Gibbens, President of Trumbull Unmanned – Gibbens is a graduate of the US Air Force Academy and has a decade worth of experience within the Department of Defense. Her company “focuses on data processing and UAS integration for the energy sector. Furthermore, Trumbull uses drones to provide data acquisition and analytics for oil and gas and environmental efforts.”