The third annual EO-Houston Veterans Business Battle took place with veteran owned companies looking to win big investment dollars. The event took place on Feb. 24th – 25th at Rice University in Houston, TX with companies pitching their business ideas to a panel of investors. In the past two years, over $1.7 million has been offered to finalists. Among the sixteen finalist at this year’s event, six were from the Houston area which include the following:
- Anjin: A technology company that provides business travelers with an easy and cost-effective means of booking secure transportation in high-risk locations.
- Cooking Appliances: University of Houston undergraduate and Marine Corps veteran Jason Roben has invented and patented a cooking pan with a removable divider that allows users to cook three separate dishes in one pan without having flavors or ingredients mix.
- Farm Force: Wants to prepare a new farming workforce of veterans who would use new methods learned at a state-of-the art environment in downtown Houston.
- Lab Ready: Takes the clinical lab to the doctor’s office, making the diagnoses of infections faster, simpler, less expensive and more accurate.
- Mobile Mechanics: Brings car mechanics to customers’ locations for quick, convenient and reliable repairs.
- Veterans MFG: Makes body armor, vehicle shields, clothing and other ballistic systems.