by Ray Hayes
The mission of the Urban League of Northwest Indiana has always been to increase the economic, educational and social empowerment of the minority community while ensuring that people throughout the nation have equal rights. On Thursday, March 23rd, the organization plans to host its annual luncheon that recognizes businesses and organizations in the Northwest Indiana area who have coincided with the mission of the Urban League and embraced diversity and inclusion throughout the workplace. Here is the list of awards that will be given at the annual Diversity Awards Luncheon:
- Community Award: Presented to an organization that has supported community initiatives while developing opportunities for inclusion
- Leadership Award: Presented to an organization that promotes diversity and inclusion on a local and regional level.
- Workforce Diversity Award: Presented to an organization that implements innovative strategies to attract, select, promote and maintain a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Moving the Needle Award: Presented to nominees with exceptional effort in all three categories listed above.
- Youth Award: Presented to an organization or group which involves and engages youth in activities that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to one individual or organization for outstanding vision, dedication and lifelong commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
If you are interested in attending the luncheon please visit http://www.ulofnwi.org for ticket information or call 219-887-9621.