On today’s #WeAreNMSDC Podcast, we chat with Terrence Clark, President of the New York / New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council (NYNJMSDC). The NYNJMSDC is an affiliate organization under the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) umbrella and serves minority and corporate members throughout the New York and New Jersey regions. Clark sits down with us and discusses his council’s commitment to its organizations providing access to capital, mentorship, and business development programs for minority and corporate members.
To learn more the NYNJMSDC, listen to the podcast below!!!! For a brief summary of our conversation, check out the 5 Fast Facts section below.
0:32 Who is Terrence Clark and what is the NYNJ Council
3:30 Access to Capital
6:05 Other programs to benefit council members
10:40 The competitive advantage NYNJMSDC provides to its Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs)
14:15 What are corporate memebers looking for with MBEs
16:20 How to use your certification
17:40 Connecting with fellow MBEs
19:11 Working on your sales / business pitch
20:37 How to get involved with the NYNJMSDC
22:36 Final Thoughts
WeAreNMSDC 5 Facts
- The NYNJMSDC helps its minority owners get paid quicker. Speedpay in partnership with MBE Capital allows minority owned businesses to be paid in only 10 days instead of the usual 60 to 120 day payment period.
- The NYNJMSDC prides itself on seeking to grow minority businesses from Class 1 (under a million dollars in revenue) to Class 4 (sales of over $50 million)
- The NYNJMSDC helps to develop back office services such as accounting, marketing, and operations for businesses in conjunction with Rutgers University and large MBEs
- The FastTrack program helps MBEs gain city and state certifications which can lead to opportunities for million dollar federal contracts
- Check out the upcoming New York New Jersey Business Expo taking place June 27th – 28th. To learn more about the conference, check out http://nynjmsdc.org/exchange/
Supplierty News in conjunction with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) have teamed up to connect with NMSDC corporate and MBE members for podcast interviews. These conversations will highlight the benefits of supplier diversity programs from the personal experiences of both corporate and minority-owned businesses. If you’re interested in supporting the effort, Follow both Supplierty News and the NMSDC on Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook, and visit their websites for more information. Also don’t forget to mention #WeAreNMSDC on all social media platforms.