by Ray Hayes
A few months ago, I wrote an article about the impact of the SXSW on the local economy in Texas, and today I am following it up with some gloating. For a good example of how right I am / was, let’s take a look at the demographics and other statistics from the 2017 festival. I believe this information is valuable because many entrepreneurs are unaware of the impact the festival has on an industry they may be involved in.
Without further ado, here are some other statistics from this year’s festival:
Demographics & Other Statistics
- 54 percent of the attendees were male, 45 percent female
- 38 percent were between the ages of 25 – 34 and 33 percent were between the ages of 35 – 44
- 21 percent of participating organizations identified as a startup
- 28 percent had a purchase power at work of $100,000 +
- 67 percent of attendees main business goal for attending the festival was to find new business opportunities
- 285,804 attended the 2017 SXSW festival overall including music
- 4,122 from media/press attended
If you are interested in seeing the full press release, click here.