When it comes to choosing a credit card for your business, there are many things to consider. Do you want cash back or travel rewards? What purchases would you like to receive points on? And finally, will the credit card company work with you as you grow your business (i.e. credit increase, and payment rules). While selecting a card based on convenience is not suggested by the Forbes list, there are some benefits with going with a bank backed card.
Below is a quick look at the best credit cards for business by Forbes:
- Best Overall (80,000 point bonus): Chase Ink Business Preferred
- Best No Annual Fee Business Credit Card: Chase Ink Cash
- Best Cashback Rewards Card: Capital One Spark Cash
- Best for Business Travel Card: Business Platinum Card from American Express
- Best for Hotel Rewards: Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card
The main focus for each card is the ability to earn points to use for discounted pricing or to gain additional services. The ease of gaining points is a big reason for the above rankings. In my opinion, other things should be taken into account as well. The Chase Ink Cash for example has a $0 annual fee which is a big win for anyone interested. Annual fees and limit increases are big needs that should also be considered when selecting a card.
Just a few things to think about as you get ready for the 2018 business year.