Hilton Supply Management’s (HSM) Supplier Diversity team has launched a $10,000 Diversity Advancement Fund Grant to be provided to a deserving minority or woman-owned business.
Details of the Grant
Summary: Hilton Supply Management’s (HSM) Supplier Diversity team is pleased to announce the Hilton Supply Management’s Diversity Advancement Fund Grant! The annual grant of $10,000 will be given to a minority or woman-owned business that had the greatest impact on economic development strategies designed to accelerate innovation and entrepreneurship. Prize: In addition to the $10,000 grant, HSM will fly the winner to Hilton HQ in McLean, Virginia with the opportunity to meet our HSM leadership and presentation of their grant monies.
Criteria: In order to qualify for the grant, the following has to apply for each applicant:
- The company has to be currently certified as a minority or woman-owned business
- The company should be classified as a small business based on the Small Business Administration’s size standards
- The company has to submit a 1-page pitch with the following info:
- Brief summary of the company
- Specific certification as a diverse supplier (identifying the certifying organization)
- How the company’s products/services could be (or currently is) sold in hospitality
- Why the company deserves the award
- How the company intends to use the award
Scoring criteria will be based on the following:
- Economic Need
- Investment Opportunity
- Background Story
- Business Viability
How to Apply
To apply, applicants should send their 1-page pitch to HSM’s Supplier Diversity Department at SupplierDiversity@Hilton.com
Deadline: All pitches are due by 5 pm on February 14, 2020.